I think using a white card also gives you your overexposure point. Something good to know with slides or digital.

--

Cesar Matamoros II wrote:

I differ slightly in that I use a grey card to set my manual white balance. Something I found that worked better when I first started using the Nikon D1X and D1H.

I should try a comparison using both techniques.  I know that I have used a
white page in the pinch and have been happy with the results.  Though with
some thinking on the subject it would make me think that using a grey card
would allow some more lattitude in post processing...

--
graywolf
http://graywolfphoto.com

"You might as well accept people as they are,
you are not going to be able to change them anyway."