Y'know, it's funny how, when using other formats, rarely is it said that an 80mm
lens for a 6x6 is "equivalent" to a 50mm lens for a 35mm camera.  When's the
last time you heard a 4x5 user ask "What's that lens in 35mm terms?"  This
equivalency factor smacks of just some more dumbing down by the industry and
shows a decided lack of understanding by many contemporary photographers, who
seem to need to have everything spoon fed to them like baby porridge.

I've got a great 35mm lens that's used on an LX.  I decided to put a hood on it
from a 200mm lens.  Has the focal length increased any?

shel