Hum? I figure that 127 is the equivalent of a 31mm on 135 camera. And the 105 is the equivalent of a 46mm. I have always found it strange that people do this stuff, because one works differently in different formats, one tends to use much closer points of view with a large format camera and thus shorter relative focal length lenses. Furthermore prior to the 70's when there was a 35mm explosion and it became the norm no one hardly thought in those terms. As Shel says it seems to be a dumbing down factor (I am ignorant of anything but 35mm make it understandable to me without my having to think).

For anyone interested the old Press/View Camera rules of thumb are:

Normal = diagonal of the film. Approximately 43mm on 135 format. 150mm on a press camera.

Wide angle = the short side of the film. Approximately 24mm on 135. 90mm on a press camera.

Wide field = the long side of the negative. Approx 35mm on 135. 127-135 on a press camera.

Portrait = the sum of the short and long sides of the film. Approximately 60mm. Usually 200mm on a press camera (that is almost exactly what you get from a 50mm lens on 135 cropped to an 8x10 print, BTW).

Telephoto = Twice (or more) the long side of the film. Approximately 70mm on 135. 250-380mm on a press camera.

You will note that those are all shorter than we normally think of them in 135 format, though the WA as gotten down to about right in recent years.

Once again manufactures's of P&S digitals started using 35mm equivalent focal length because there are no standards for sensor size which can vary from the equivalent of a Minox to an APS negative size from camera to camera. It is simply a way to compare the zoom lens equivalent between disparitent cameras. It has no optical meaning other than that.