I don't see why this is implied by the APS sensor.  35 mm style bodies
can take both APS and FF sensors.  They may make a 24x36 sensor back for
a 645 camera so that MF cameras can have both film and digital and so
that back will be cheaper than a full 645 sized sensor.

All I'm saying is that there is a market for the smaller sensors.  Many
PJ's just don't need the more than 4-6 MP, so why deal with storing or
transmitting the larger file?  The D2H is on 4.2 MP after all.

The APS sensor may survive for the same reason 35 mm took off over MF,
i.e., it was smaller, cheaper, and good enough.

Steven Desjardins
Department of Chemistry
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450
(540) 458-8873
FAX: (540) 458-8878
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 12/24/03 12:34PM >>>
So then they`ll just put in a 24X36 sensor in 645`s?
Doesn`t make sense to me.
Steve Larson
Redondo Beach, California