A very big "if".  More to the point. would they release a FF camera and
stop producing APS?  I don't think of the APS sensor as a "stop gap".  I
think it's a new format thet will persist for a long time.

Steven Desjardins
Department of Chemistry
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450
(540) 458-8873
FAX: (540) 458-8878
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 12/25/03 10:41AM >>>
This one time, at band camp, Robert Gonzalez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Yeah, I was thinking of getting either that (FA35/2) or the 16-45 DA

> lens.  My 28 & 50 mm are M lenses, so either I have to use them in
> manual mode, which means a little more hassle and less spontaneity,
or I
> have to use my 15-30 or 85 and compensate for my FOV/location
somehow.
> But its not the same as having the right lens generally.

If Pentax are to release a 24x36mm CCD some time in the future,
the lense issue will cease to be. I dont see the point in buying
a bunch of new lenses to suit what will be obsolete very soon.

Kind regards
Kevin

--
 ______