On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, J. C. O'Connell wrote:
> Since all DSLRs so far have had a short shelf life
> due to technical innovations, could someone please
> explain to me why build quality is important?

Just because a camera is only sold for a short period of time doesn't
mean that it has a short functional life.  I'm still using a Sony
DSC-S75 as my P&S camera.  This is a 3.3mp camera that came out around
the same time as the Canon G1 (3 or 4 years ago?).  Tons of stuff has
been released since then that is better, but that old camera still
does what I bought it for and does it well.

The *ist D isn't going to take worse pictures in 5 years just because
there are better D-SLRs available in 5 years.

alex