Hi Boris,

All of what you say is true, but the fact remains that the original poster
was talking about a given model of DSLR being rendered *obsolete*, not
merely somewhat less attractive,  by new models.  His point was that DSLRs
are essentially throwaway cameras because of the rapid march of technology,
and hence the purchaser shouldn't worry about build quality.

[some stuff snipped]