One word : PHOTOSHOP!

   J.C. O'Connell   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://jcoconnell.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Studdert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 6:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Used DSLR prices

On 13 Jan 2004 at 17:04, J. C. O'Connell wrote:

> Im not talking how long its sold, Im talking
> how long you want to use it. I have SLRs I
> still use that are 40 yrs old, I wouldnt use
> any digital camera more than about 5 yrs old.

We are now approaching the point of diminishing returns. DSLRs will have a
longer service life than earlier ones as the resolution is approaching that
of
the taking lenses. Your CPU analogy is poor also as PC purchases are mainly
new
users, there is far less upgrading going on than their used to be. Lets face
it
unless you are a gamer or running out of HD space what would be the
advantage
of pushing up the CPU MHz?

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998