From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 2:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Used DSLR prices

Why should build quality *not* be important? The "shelf life," as you call it, by which I presume you mean "useful life," is as long as the build quality allows it to be. Simply because there's something out there that is considered more modern technology doesn't mean that an existing camera has outlived its usefulness.

The *ist-D will continue to produce images of like quality for as long as it
continues to function.  Better built cameras take more abuse and continue to
function longer.
Simple, really.

Quoting "J. C. O'Connell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Since all DSLRs so far have had a short shelf life
due to technical innovations, could someone please
explain to me why build quality is important?
JCO

------------------------------------------------- This mail sent through IMP: http://horde.org/imp/

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com

"You might as well accept people as they are,
you are not going to be able to change them anyway."