That makes the rather silly assumption that they would have to go through all the steps it took to invent the technology to implement the technology today. What you are saying is they would have to use film because they could not afford the batteries for a digital camera. I say, If they could not afford batteries, they could not afford film. You may need a lot of infrastructure to support a 1950's mainframe, but you need none to support a modern laptop.

I am at least as retro as anyone on this list, but even I find some of these anti-digital arguments specious.

Bob W wrote:

a country needs a whole lot of other infrastructure in place to support computers. You can get a traditional photography business going without electricity if you really want to. That's what happened in Europe.

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com

"You might as well accept people as they are,
you are not going to be able to change them anyway."