On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Tanya Mayer Photography wrote:

> Actually, now that I think about it, it kind of raises a question - do
> you all think I would be better off using it for business purposes?
> ie. Tanja Mayer Photography.  I am just wondering if the benefit of it
> being so memorable as a spelling would outweigh the diffulties people
> might have actually spelling it.  Or do you think that it is better to
> have something that is easier to spell and thus easier for prospective
> clients to "look me up" on the internet/phone book etc.?

Well, "Mayer" might give people who may want to spell it "mayor"
difficulty as well, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.  Make sure
that your webpage's meta tags list all the possible spellings of your name
that you can think up, and it shouldn't be a huge issue.  As for the phone
book, given that you're in a relatively small market, I can't see there
being *that* many photographers between TANJ and TANY... you should be
okay there.  :)

It really comes down to personal preference.  Myself, I'd keep it "Tanja."
It's different, stands out a bit without being over cutesy, and it's your
name.  Let the rest of the world learn to pronounce it properly.  F***
'em... why should you have to change it?

> I originally wanted my business to be "Fotos by Fairy"

In North America, at least, "fairy" is also an offensive term for a gay
male.  I'd stick with your name, as it doesn't limit you in any way.

chris