Hi,

graywolf wrote:

> Yes we should lock them up. The US already has more people per capita locked up
>   than any other civilized nation in the world. About 1/2 of them not guilty of
> the crime they were convicted of. My own benefits, Social Security and
> Assistance, come out to about $10,000 a year. It costs about 5 times that much
> to keep someone locked up. Yes, lock them up, and increase the intolerants's
> taxes 5x. I love the idea.

If the US "penal" system is anything like the UK's that will entitle
them to nothing but the very best medical care of all types - like
_immediate_ emergency care, mental health care on tap, etc.  So maybe it
would be good for them...

Of course, the tax would have to be on those whose sensibilities are
_truly_ outraged by seeing someone begging.  A sensibility tax.  I like
the sound of that.  And there would have to be an affordability element
to it, as well.

mike

er, just in case - that was sarcasm.  Been in trouble for this
before....