> I'm a big fan of tables, since they can be used to hold 2
> different things relative to each other

CSS can do this even better. I'm in the middle of laying out my second
site in CSS. You wind up with a lot less code on each page, because the
tag properties are stored in the CSS file, which only needs to be
downloaded once. I'm also finding it easier to sort out where things are
in the code because I'm not wading through all those table tags anymore.
Getting it to work across most browsers can be a little trickier, but
I've found it worth it to learn it. (Of course it's my job so I haven't
had much choice! ;)

Amita