I was under the impression that you can use as many, or as few, of the
features as you need.  When you need to just point and shoot, because the
image is fleeting, it's nice to have as much automation as possible.  It's
also nice to turn off lots of it when you have the time to do your own
thinking and you can afford to be very deliberate and painstaking.

I still want to get my hands on an MZ-S and use it a bit before I make a
final decision on purchase but that's mostly because I'm pretty happy with
my PZ-1p.

The name on camera has only been a consideration, because I have a fair
amount of money invested in Pentax lenses.  I also have a fair amount
invested in Nikkor MF lenses.  I use both systems to good advantage. I find
the Pentax to be a more consistent performer for my needs, and easier to use
when I need to work very fast.

Len
---