I know that the Super Program and likely ME aren't in
the same league as the LX, but I like to keep
low-budget options open.

What sort of reliability issues are there with the LX?
I guess that's why I see so many on ebay? What sort of
upkeep expenses are involved in one of these? I'm used
to a K1000 that just needs film once in a while, and a
battery once in a very rare while. ;)

What's the difference between a "motordrive" and
"winder"? I see them listed separately on Bojidar
Dimitrov's site, some cameras working with one of
each.

I mention the K2dmd since even tho it's so much more
than the K2, it's still almost $100 cheaper than a LX
on KEH, both being in "bargain" condition. Plus I like
the feel of the K1000, and I imagine the K2dmd would
be similar in size, shape, and weight.