On 12 Jul 2004 at 21:39, Alan Chan wrote:

> The first one I rule out will be the K2DMD which is both rare and must be
> impossible to repair now. You would be luckiy if you could locate the motor
> drive too. The LX, while beloved by most Pentax fans, it suffers from
> questionable relabililty record and expensive service bills. Some might be
> worked with several times before it was trouble free. I conisder it belongs to
> those who have other backup cameras, and don't mind the extra cost. It is a
> sweet camera "when it works". The Super A/Program is my favour mainly for its
> good relibility record,

Just to counter the argument, I have two working LX and one non-working SuperA.
It was sent for repair last year and returned as no longer being serviceable
whereas one of my LX was pretty badly damaged last year and was repaired with
new parts without fuss.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998