I have the K2DMD - and the MD unit that went with it.  I originally had the
K2 but decided to get the DMD because of the MD and the exposure lock
feature.  A couple of years ago I had it CLA'd and it works great.  I don't
use the MD because the winder on my LX is much better.
Don't know what the value is for a DMD and the MD.  I have been mulling it
over about selling them.

Jim A.