Unfortunately I'm quite familiar with DOS attacks and we have certainly
implemented safeguards.
As far as the list and I are concerned, the only servers involved should be
mail.donsauction.com and mail.pdml.net.
Both of these are "virtual" servers, simply meaning one server is shared by
many domains, and goes by many names.
It's easy to overload this type of setup if the domains/server ratio is
allowed to get too high.
We try to have no more than 250 domains on one server, less if many of them
are very active.
Filtering shouldn't really play a part in my messages getting lost, unless
it's in the implementation on the pdml.net server.

Don