From: Keith Whaley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2004 7:14 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: istDs - what a great camera!

J. C. O'Connell wrote:

> The capture has nothing to do with the lensmount.

Huh?

> There are no new lenses or lens features on
> this camera.

No, there are LESS features on this camera (the *ist-D or the -DS.)
That's
what we're 'discussing.'
They don't accomodate the mechanical portion of the lens/body linkage,
that
operates the open aperture metering lever.

> Why do you propose that it being a digital
> camera prevented the K/M support when there is
> nothing new going on with regard to the cameras
> lens mount, just part of it is missing. Sorely
> missing.

Maybe it's "missing" because there's some interference somewhere in teh
digital. Maybe they can't shoehorn that old style mechanical mechanism
in
the new body. Heck, I don't know. Do you?

keith whaley

[...]