Caveman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>No Paul, JCO is not alone.
>I still own a couple of Pentax film cameras and lenses, they work just
>fine, I'll probably keep one of them around for the fun of it, but
>there's no more of my money to P. They are going in a direction that's
>not exactly to my like, and since they decided I'm "legacy" user to be
>halfassed supported I also decided to let them be "legacy" and look
>elsewhere.

This is actually good. If the best support for legacy lenses in the
industry (which is, let's face it, what Pentax provides) isn't good
enough for you, then it's probably best both for you and for Pentax
that you each go your separate ways.

Anyone who's ever worked in retail knows of customers who are very
hard to please. A wise businessman tries to keep them all happy in
order to retain their business, but there are a select few who are so
"high maintenance" that they end up increasing costs more than the
profit they bring in can justify. We've had customers like this at
every retail operation where I've ever worked.  Eventually you just
have to accept that the business relationship with this customer isn't
working out and that it's best for *both* parties if they follow
through on their repeated threats to "take their business elsewhere".

There is really no reason for hard feelings in this matter but it
rarely works out that way. The customer usually gets angry and claims
that he brings in valuable business. If it's pointed out that his
business increases costs more than profits, he (it's almost always a
male) will claim that he constantly recommends your business to
friends and acquaintances and thus brings in money indirectly. This is
almost never true in my experience.

You just need to calm down, sever your ties with the business or
company that has dissatisfied you and move on.