Hey Mark,

Support for legacy lenses is just a small part of the picture. Remember that we're speaking of going from film to digital. It's a different world. I am not even sure that I want a SLR type of camera. I suspect that what I really want is a Canon G7 with fast response and fancy new low noise sensor. IMHO P is not going there any time soon. But keeping it to SLRs, I see no reason for me to buy an *istD now instead of a 20D this Xmas. I would save a couple hundred dollars on lenses and price difference, but then it would be a halfassed solution and I'd be left lusting after what I really wanted, while desperately trying to buy lenses that P doesn't want to make and/or sell. So why not pay the extra dollars and solve it once for ever.

Mark Roberts wrote:

This is actually good. If the best support for legacy lenses in the industry (which is, let's face it, what Pentax provides) isn't good enough for you, then it's probably best both for you and for Pentax that you each go your separate ways.