J. C. O'Connell wrote:

> I always believe to is best to buy rare items whenever you
> can if the price is right and upgrade later when you get the
> chance. You never know, it might clean up and if it doesn't
> its only temporary until something better comes along. If
> nothing better ever comes along at least you have an example
> which is better than a total shutout.

My nagging doubt is that (a lens) doesn't clean well at all or can't be done
- a gamble that can only be made by buying. As my own choice is usable
lenses - rather than collecting them - this is looking more and more like a
option for a give away price only, in case it is no good. Selling it on
isn't going to be easy if you know it will never be 100%.

Malcolm