From: Rob Studdert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 9:16 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Large Format vs. Digital/Stitching

On 22 Sep 2004 at 20:59, J. C. O'Connell wrote:

> I repeat, this curved field issue has nothing
> to do with the lenses, It's the FILM/SENSOR
> rotation that is causing it, so why the
> references to macro lenses, etc????

I made the reference to macro lenses not Herb, I was being facetious. As
you
should well know virtually all 35mm format lenses excepting the best
macro
designs don't provide planar focus. Yes the panning effect will swamp
the lens
errors but there is software which can correct these aberrations
(obviously
only for image with an AOV of under 180 degrees).

Have you actually had a look at the following page yet?

http://www.tawbaware.com/maxlyons/detail.htm

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998