NO I DON"T. Not sniping simply encourages someone to outbid yourself, driving the price up. One cannot be sure if, when outbid, the bidder was a dupe of the seller or the seller themselves logged in under a different name. Sniping is smart, and one of the few tactics a buyer has to actually get the item at a price they are willing to pay, if they don't want to lose the item.

Sniping is not rude because this is all about money and sales. Same old game as always, seller hopes to sell for the highest, buyer hopes to buy for the lowest.

Tom C.

From: Cotty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "pentax list" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Worst Ebay Seller of all time
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:34:39 +0000

On 10/11/04, Shel Belinkoff, discombobulated, unleashed:

>Why is sniping "rude?"

Why is sniping rude... Hmmm. Well, I don't specifically think it is per
se, as I do it almost exclusively unless I can't babysit an auction.

I think that some might find it rude because if you went to a real life
public auction, sniping does not exist. However, it is operating strictly
within eBay's rules, so it's fair game and I believe it is so. Some might
not. Just playing devil's advocate.

Help me out here people. Anyone think sniping is rude ?   If so, why?

Cheers, Cotty

___/\__ || (O) | People, Places, Pastiche ||=====| http://www.cottysnaps.com _____________________________