Yes, use some better algorithm than the very simple one of Photoshop.
Why Photoshop, even in its latest version, doesn't offer at least
Spline 36 interpolation, the superb Lanczos or even the Sinc (256)
interpolation is beyond me.

Anyway, you can use the freeware Irfanview which has built-in many
interpolators, of which usually the best is Lanczos. It works in a way
that sharpens automagically the downsampled picture.

The Sinc 256 is built in Panorama Tools, a freeware opensource graphic
package for (not only) panoramas. I found its interpolation among the
best. I saw a test made by rotating an image several times by a fixed
amount for full circle (360 degrees), and Photoshop's interpolation
messed it up awfuly, while Panorama Tools Sinc 256 was almost
indistinguishable from the original.

for ease of use, IrfanView is the best I think. It can batchprocess
entire folders with ease, and even add text to the image or do other
things.

Good light!
           fra