----- Original Message ----- From: "Kostas Kavoussanakis"
Subject: RE: Lens not on A with istD

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Jens Bladt wrote:

Yes, it's "normal".
The focal length and aperture is not recorded. Cameras like Super A (1983)
PZ-1 and MZ-S (2001) etc. all work the same way - that is, the aperture is
not "recorded" by the camera (allthough it is by the meter), thus not stated
in the viewfinder or otherwise.

Not true in general. If you use an F or FA lens with the -5n, you get
the aperture on the viewfinder even in Av mode (which is done from the
lens in that camera, not the body). I would guess that's also true for
the MZ-S.

I believe the MZ cameras may be an anomoly. I recall my Super Programs didn't show aperture information off the A position.
I have no idea whether the SF cameras behave similarly or not.

William Robb