Fra: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 4. januar 2005 06:18
Til: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Emne: Hi folks...

I'm Morrighan aka Phantom Queen.

I am a complete newbie to film camera usage and I thought I'd check
you folks out because I just lucked out and bought an Asahi Pentax
Spotmatic at Goodwill for like $20 and after doing some research I do
think that deal was a good one. I'm not sure which version it is
exactly as I can only see so far that it is not the Spotmatic 2.
Serial on it is #2572117 and it's got the 1:14/50 Super Takumar lens.
It does seem clear of any major problems. No mold on the lens that I
can tell and the shutter works and all...I won't know for sure until I
get another battery into it, but I have a feeling I did pretty good
with this one.

I have two other cameras too.

A Yashica Electro GS, and a Ricoh TLS. Both were gifts.  I haven't
used them much mainly because of film costs. I tend to use my digital
Fuji s7000 more, but I do want to get more into film too.

I"m starting classes for film as soon as I can get the grant set up.

Until then I am going to read the manuals and really learn the 3
cameras to see which of them is going to be my "first" camera and the
one I will use for class. I do like the fact that I can use the
Lenses for the Ricoh and Pentax interchangably. I have a 135MM zoom
and a bunch of filters as well, but no wide angle as yet.

Any suggestions as to anything else lens-wise I should be looking out for?

Did I do as good in getting this one as I think I did?

:)