Nick,

Put film in it and check your long exposures.
The viewfinder exposure time is just an approximation for your amusement.
The actual exposure time is not calculated until the shutter opens.

Other thoughts on a 'new' old LX...
1)  Twiddle the ASA dial up and down several times to help scrape off
any oxidation on the dial resistor.
2)  Similarly, exercise the aperture coupling or lens aperture to get
the crud off of it too.
3)  Pentax USA has done OK repairing mine...but then you're in the UK!

Regards,  Bob S.