i have found that Velvia scans at 4000dpi, good technique, and top quality lenses are still better in detail, but that anything less than the best technique and lenses and the *istD is better, when using the same lens.

Herb....
----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Stenquist" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2005 9:32 AM
Subject: Re: Why and How I switched to Canon (for those who care) long

Shoot RAW with your *istD and convert in PSCS at the highest interpolation setting. This will give you a 6144 by 4101 pixel count. If you do a good conversion of a good shot, it will print better on 13 x19 than anything you can get from film. I've done numerous comparisons. I know that to be a fact.