Just to throw some proper spin on Tom's report, I offer the following
observations:

Beware of North Carolinians bearing Diet Dr. Peppers.

After failing in his bid to shock any innocent coeds wandering past the
creek on the edge of campus by channeling Johnny Weismuller, Tom apparently
then decided to catch up on his laundry one outfit at a time.

Kodiak, the cinnamon bear, =is= worthy of admiration.

My hair looked great, btw.

If you ever find yourself on the same program with Tony Sweet, bring your
good stuff, and prepare to be humbled anyway.

Jeepgirl really has a Jeep. It's not a =real= Jeep, though, because it has
an automatic transmission.

Brian Setzer works the breakfast shift at the MacDonald's in Banner Elk, NC.

Tom and Jeepgirl were married in an earlier life.

John DeLoach is a funny guy.

Mark Roberts has the oddest New York accent I've ever heard. Must be all
that running.

On Equipment:

This year I didn't destroy any large-dollar lens hoods attached to
large-dollar lenses, so I consider the weekend a success, from an equipment
standpoint.

The MZ-S with BG-10 grip attached seriously kicks ass. I ran several rolls
of film through it, and had a good time.

Anyone who has ever seen my cameras can tell I don't care much how they
look, but the MZ-S/BG-10 with the FA35/2AL attached is one good looking
package.

All in all, it was a great weekend. I really enjoyed meeting and hanging out
with other PDML members, and I think Pentax was well-represented amongst the
infidels. We're already working on next year's program, so start planning
that time off now. First weekend after Mother's Day.

Doug