This may become my image tank solution for trips this summer.

http://www.averatec.com/notebooks/1000series.htm

It's a notebook computer. 10.6" screen, 80GB hard drive, CD burner, 3.3 lbs (before AC adapter). While not something I'd take out on a hike, having it available to download images, burn backup CD's, and view images might be handy. I have a 250GB USB drive I could take with it as a third archiving option. I hope it's available witha DVD burner sometime soon as I'd prefer to burn DVD's over CDs's.

I hope to have enough CF/microdrive capacity to shoot all day then download/backup at night. I envision possibly 4 - 8GB a day for 10 days running, plus my wife's and son's Optios.

Expensive for an image tank, but maybe the best solution for a long trip so far.

Tom C.