In a message dated 6/18/2005 11:18:09 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
So don't buy it.
============
I'm not. I wasn't really part of this thread until now. But I do understand
people wanting to buy an earlier version and upgrade from there. Sounds like a
good idea, really, and I can't see any logical reason not to do it if it saves
about $400.

OTOH, I get student discounts on software. Which is one of the reasons I keep
finding a course to take each semester.
===================

I think Mercedes Benz is overpriced, but I'm not about to go out and
"borrow" one just because of it.

As an aside, an aquaintance of mine (he teashes Photoshop courses) told me
that if everyone actually bought legitimate copies of Photoshop, they would
be able to cut the price LOTS.
Because of the practice of stealing the use of the software, the price is
kept artificially high, since they have to make their money off of less than
10% of the people using the software.
I wouldn't advocate stealing. But that's interesting. Other companies have
had a lower price FIRST and sold more from the beginning. Such as PaintShop
Pro.
So I am a bit dubious. But, whatever...

William Robb
Marnie aka Doe   Resent because it seems to have been lost in the ether.