Jens Bladt wrote:

FF was an issue as long as many consumers/photographers had very large
amounts of money invested in expensive glass for 35mm film. This segment is
getting smaller every day. No sane company will invest a lot in making new
camera systems for a 35mm sensor. Certainly not Pentax.

Hi Jens,

Respectfully, I don't think that segment is getting smaller. The number of film users, yes. But not the number of people with large investments in 35mm glass.

I have thought since day 1 of DSLR's, that the APS form factor was largely a short term tactic to get consumers to buy new lenses to go with those fancy new DSLR's. Sell APS DSLR's in the short term and 'digital' glass to go with them. When FF sensors get low enough in price, get all those new customers to upgrade to FF and sell more FF lenses.

Obviously Canon thinks there are enough people in that segment, that they're releasing a somewhat affordable FF body.

Tom C.