Nope, I was just supporting Rob, who obviously wants a larger sensor than
just 15x24mm. It's less than half of a "normal" negative. So do I, BTW. I
want it to be big enough to be adequate for actually "makeable" lenses.
Small enough to give me great DOF.

The small sensors do - as the resoultion is increasing, require more and
more of the lenses ability to resolve. This means HUGE expenses on lenses.
Who wnats that?

That's a fair statement, I believe. I would very much like to have a FF
sensor, but it seems they are not (yet) quite good enough (soft corners?)
Who the h... says that a 15x24mm sensor is the "ultimate answer" to the
sensor size?
Perhaps it's not 24x36mm either. Perhaps it's actaully 20x29mm! Canon seems
to think so. Why not listen to the expeters - they probably sell more DSLR's
than anyone else? Canon is currently setting the DSLR standards - whether
you like it or not.

I don't really want to switch to Canon. The problem is - I may have to, if
Pentax can't deliver a "state of the art" DSLR sometime soon: 5-8 FPS, as
well as correspondingly fast AF and write speed. Pentax seem to be way
behind as far as speed goes.

Come on, Pentax - try to catch up, will you, pleasw? Before the very last
"pentaxians" are leaving too - except of course, for a handful of true
"believers" from the Spotmatic and LX generation! LX was twenty years ago,
right! Tell me to shoot action using maunal focus! Heck - I can do that with
one of my Exakta VX1000 - from the sixties! Or a K1000!

Regards
Jens

x24mmo, I believe i Jens Bladt
http://www.jensbladt.dk