No actually there is a 40mm f2.8 Ltd., designed specifically for the APS
format digital cameras.  It's mostly an update of the old 40mm pancake
lens, looks to be the same optical formula with new coatings and a lens
barrel with no aperture ring.

--
Things should be made as simple as possible -- but no simpler.

                        --Albert Einstein