----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Stenquist"Subject: Re: Please everyone set up an email filter

> Cast iron is good for a lot of things, but you can still get hard
> anodized aluminum as well. Calphalon sells both; hard anodized and
> teflon coated, Some stores might stock only the teflon, out of
> ignorance. Paul

I haven't found anything that cast iron isn't good for.
I have a set of pans that I got as a gas station promotion almost 30 years
ago that is still some of the nicest cookware I have used, and a couple of
big Woods cast iron pans, I think 18 and 22 inches or somthing. The big one
is heavy enough to make my wife complain if I leave it on the stove.
I have no use at all for teflon pans.
Apparently if you get them too hot, they emit a gas that is toxic to birds.
Something to think about if you keep them as pets.
I had a small Calphalon pan that I used for eggs many years ago, it was a
wonderful pan.

William Robb