I cooked to beautiful fillet steaks this evening on one of the $5 cast iron
frying pans I mentioned earlier.

That sucker was smoking hot, before I added any oil. When the steaks were
done, I cooked an egg in the same pan & it slid straight off.

Dave

(I love this list. One day were arguing about TV, the next we're discussing
pots & pans. :-)