On 1/3/07, DagT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> That's not very different from what I bought.  I listened to Mission speakers
> but ended up with ProAc Studio 1, as I like the neutral and very detailed
> sound which is nice with acoustic intruments. I got some good quadropole
> cables with them.
>
> I almost bought a NAD amplifier but decided on an Audiolab 8000A (sadly I
> think they are out of business now) because it sounded better with the
> speakers, and the CD-player is an expensive Technics player that I got very
> cheap from a friend who work at the Technics representative in Norway.
>
> Some time, when we get a house and the kids get bigger, I'll get a power
> amplifier and some new set of ProAc speakers (the new ones are even better)
> but living in an apartment what I've got now is perfect.

I had a dedicated CD player but opted to buy a DVD player with good
sound quality. As usual, I listened to all my components before
actually buying them. In fact, I bought Pioneer 470 without knowing
that 575 existed. Then I went to the store and compared the sound. And
then I had to ask to allow me to exchange one by another, which was
granted ;-).

I find it very convenient to have just plain stereo. Even with DVDs
and all these multi channel sound tracks I get certain degree of
reality. Of course 5+1 or 6+1 setup of similar quality would do
better, but it will be real big PITA to haul this thing from one
rented apartment to another ;-).

--
Boris