> Fra: "Boris Liberman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> On 1/3/07, DagT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> I find it very convenient to have just plain stereo. Even with DVDs
> and all these multi channel sound tracks I get certain degree of
> reality. Of course 5+1 or 6+1 setup of similar quality would do
> better, but it will be real big PITA to haul this thing from one
> rented apartment to another ;-).

Another thing is that the number of speakers will dominate your livingroom .-)

I have no intention to get more than two channels for listening to music.
Music has always been made and arranged so that we have the sound coming from a
large or small scene so that is enough. Also, a good pair of speakers can make
an illustion of three dimensions so you can hear the singer is standing close
to you or at a distance.

Sorround systems may be OK for movies, but I do not want to feel that I am part
of orchestra.  I want to be at one of the first seats in front of it .-)

DagT