> Just one side point... neither purgatory or a burning hell
> are taught by the
> Bible. So yes a strange, in fact, false logic.

Well, it's a religion, so it's probably the best that we can expect.
However, that wasn't the strange logic that I was referring to.

> The Hebrew words Sheol and the greek word Hades, are the
> words most often
> rendered as Hell in the KJV and other translations.
>
> Sheol means the 'abode of the dead', the 'common grave of
> mankind', or the
> 'pit'.  Basically it's the grave.  When Hebrew was translated
> to Greek, the
> word Hades was most often used in place of Sheol.
>
> Contrary to what the many so-called Chrsitian religions
> teach, the Bible
> teaches that when a human dies, they go to the grave, no
> conciousiousness
> remains, they cease to exist.

Well, isn't that precisely what makes religious books such fun? They
let anybody at all have their cake and eat it.

For instance, Jesus (according to Matthew) seems to disagree. He
reportedly said "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth,
[...] but lay up for yourself treasures in heaven [...]".

I do seem to recall that he spent quite a lot of time promising people
jam tomorrow rather than jam today.

What's the use of a religion that encourages suffering in this world,
and stuff all afterwards?

--
 Bob