From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 5. januar 2007 17:15
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: K10D and DA 50-200 and AF performance

I've found the autofocus performance of the DA 50-200 to be quite good, even
in continuous mode. I shot a bunch of pics of my granddaughter running
around the yard with this combo last week. As a bit of a test I also shot a
car driving down the street and a bicyclist approaching. The camera was able
to focus in all these instances. However, I would add that while this would
probably be a good lens for soccer (if you're standing on the sidelines),
it's too short for shooting birds in flight.
Paul
From: Tim Øsleby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I'm debating with myself.
> I have an urge for the K10 (who doesn't?). I've also got a need for an AF
> tele zoom for soccer, birds in flight and general use.
>
> The obvious solutions for those two needs is a combo of K10 and DA*
60-250.
> In a long perspective it is very likely I'll go for this combo, but I
can't
> afford both at the same time.
>
> I'm thinking six-seven months ahead. Then I'll be going to a soccer
> tournament. Last year I tried shooting with MF. The keepers rate was low,
> low for my needs. So what do I do? By the zoom of my dreams, the DA* and
use
> it on my DS. Or do I by a K10 and DA 50-200 combo, and the DA* later?
>
> The soccer tournament is for kids. So the game is pretty hard to predict.
In