Well, let me then amend my post: I think he's more a technician than a
photographer concerned with the aesthetics and creativity involved in
photographing a subject.  I believe Mr.Papanfuss has stated that as well,
at least to some degree.

Further - and this just may be me - I don't recall ever seeing any of his
photographs posted here, although he does talk a lot of technical stuff.

IMO, one may record a scene and be considered a photographer by some - and
maybe just holding a camera and pushing the button makes one a photographer
- but I think there's more to it than that, that some creativity beyond
just recording a scene and looking for an accurate color reproduction
contributes to the making of a photographer.  But then, I have often been
called an elitist snob

Of course, Rob, you're very technically oriented, and might that not color
your opinions just as my limited technical expertise may color mine?

Shel