On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, aimcompute wrote:

> Personally, if I had a large number that I wanted to archive I would
> take prints, negatives and slides to a lab and pay to get them scanned
> to some Photo CD or even regular CD.  Time is money.

The only problem with this is that PhotoNet CD (the standard CD service in
a lot of places) has a standard resolution of 1024x1536, which is not
enough to give you good prints.  There's a high res. version of the
PhotoNet CD that gives 2000x3000, I believe, which will allow for an 8x10
image at 250dpi.  The only moral here is that you need to ask specifically
about the resolution when you drop your film off for scanning, as you may
otherwise wind up with images that are only suitable for viewing on a
monitor.

chris