William Robb wrote:

> [...]
Millenium Edition.  It did but once I had done it, it stayed that way.
XP seems to have a mind of its own.  It's even altering the way apps
work and appear after I've changed them to do what I want.

One good thing.  I am working on the new machine in one room, the old
machine is in the room next door.  I can hear it over the new machine.
Bliss.