On Saturday, December 1, 2001, at 01:54  AM, Chris Brogden wrote:

>> You forgot your camera and there is a function you could shoot but you
>> only have access to a 283 with a broken sensor and a K1000, meaning
>> raw manual flash shooting if you hope to get any photos at all. And
>> since the 283 does not have a distance scale, what are ~you~ going to
>> do? We know me and Bill can get along just fine but what are ~you~
>> going to do without at least a rudimentary background in shooting
>> manual flash?
>
> This is pretty far-fetched.  What if your much-vaunted K1000 breaks
> down,
> leaving you with access to only a pinhole camera and flashlight?  Should
> you really have to be prepared for all possibilities?  Personally, I'd
> rather carry a spare TTL flash.  :)

But what if both of your TTL flashes broke down, and your film was all
fogged by airport x-rays, and your car was stolen and there was a public
transit strike?  THEN what would you do with no background in manual
flash exposure calculation, tough guy?

I'd shoot available light, personally. ;)

-Aaron