Although, I have some sympathy with those who want faster Pentax equipment
introductions, I fail to see the sense in wanting an utterly out of date
digital slr. Firstly, its generally assumed industrywise that the small
size chips are a dead end. Full frame chip is the way of the future.
Secondly, the D30 (is it really successful?) will be laughed out of the
market within a year or simply given away. It's like buying a 286 computer
at an absurd price. Thirdly, Pentax have clearly stated that they want to
make a COMPETITIVE digital slr in the near future. In fact, the 6Mpix MZ-D
was dropped because Pentax saw no point in having the most expensive
digital slr on the market while other manufacturers could offer the same
performance for much less.
Frankly, we are now in the very early days of digital cameras. I would
personally stay away from the first generation digital slr's unless you
need it in your work. The market is extremely small and the only reason
Nikon and Canon can get away with genuinely bad and overpriced cameras is
their position in the pro market segment.
The next generation of digital SLR's will be the first serious ones
technically speaking.
If you want a D30, by all means go ahead. Personally I would be grossly
disappointed if Pentax release anything remotely like the D30.

Pål

Cotty: