I just re-read the following, and my reply doesn't make sense. Read a
revision after for some semblance of sanity...

Pal wrote:

>>Although, I have some sympathy with those who want faster Pentax equipment
>>introductions, I fail to see the sense in wanting an utterly out of date
>>digital slr. Firstly, its generally assumed industrywise that the small
>>size chips are a dead end. Full frame chip is the way of the future.

And I responded:

>Only in that it fits in very well with existing lens configurations,
>especially at the wide end. Of course it may well be that
>smaller-than-24X36 imaging sensors will become the norm - for whatever
>reason - and this is fine. It just means that lens makers will (and are)
>rethinking their wide-angle designs to take this into consideration.
>17-35s are currently good sellers, no?

(Realising now that I misread the point,) I should have written:

Only in that, as a compromise, the small chips are at a disadvantage at
the wide-angle end. If and when 24X36 sensors become the norm, well and
good, and I may move across accordingly. Contax's N1 will be the first
35mm-style SLR, sadly, with the 24X36 chip, but as someone pointed out
once before, this is trying to nail a chip into existing SLR
form-factors, that fit with existing SLR lenses. It doesn't have to be
that way. However, for the sake of argument, I tend to agree - 24X36 is
the way of the future. It doesn't preclude me from wanting smaller,
faster.

HTH

Cotty