The LX 's off-the-film metering in aperture priority mode (that's with stepless
shutter) will help give you the proof in pictures. There are far more
sophisticated metering systems. But I have never encountered one that works
better. And, of course, the LX's solid feel will inspire you to produce better
photographs.  It works. We've tried it.
Paul