-----Original Message-----
From: Fred [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 10:47 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Pentax

> Sorry for this OT post, but I really like Pentax cameras, lenses, etc,
> and have taken some great pix over the years with them. I wonder if
> anyone else  shares my pov.

        Not sure if anyone noticed, but I have picked up four screwmount
lenses before and during my most recent vacation.  Anyway, I just wanted to
relate the fun I had using them.

        I had only carted my MZ-S and LX (2) with me on vacation.  I had
also left all my screwmount lenses at home, save the Tele-Takumar.  I
decided one day to leave all the K-mount lenses behind (okay I took the 77
Limited which has become my favorite lens to carry) and just use the new
screwmount lenses for a day.

        Other than the hassle involved in changing lenses - and only having
one Pentax K adapter - I had a blast taking photos.  I had almost forgotten
the feel of those lenses.  The smooth focusing, the hefty feel.  Also their
size seemed rather small.

        When I get a chance I will have to post some images of the
Tele-Takumar 300/6.3 on the MZ-S.  The lenses looked at home on the LX, and
really did not look out of place on the MZ-S.  But then again, I don't mind
the look of the Limited on either camera.

        Yes, I like Pentax and the compatability across the ages.  Hey,
maybe I should look for an ultra-wide angle screwmount to use on the
upcoming digital SLR!  :-)

                Cesar Matamoros II
                Panama City, Florida
                in Baltimore, Maryland