>I think the MZ-S interface *looks* busier than it is. In particular, the
>graphics on the exposure compensation and bracketing selection dials
>together
>look very intimidating. When I learned how to use them I was shocked at
>how simple it was, but the graphics make that side of the camera's top
>plate
>*appear* much too complicated.

I think it "looked" quite complicated too when I tried it at a local store.

>The only thing I don't like about the actual operation of the camera is
>having to use the lens's aperture ring to select aperture (love my PZ-1p
>because I can dial in aperture from the body), especially when using large
>telephotos and *especially* when the lens is mounted on a tripod.

This can be both good and bad. If you checked your Z-1p carefully, you would
discovered the actual aperture selected on the camera was not that accuracy.
The accuracy is lens dependence. Up to 2/3 EV difference could be possible
based on my observation.

regards,
Alan Chan